I have been blessed with a life based in the outdoors. I have hunted and/or fished in Alaska, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington. There are many things that I would like to do before I am unable, IE; I become too crippled to do so. I have been on many adventures in my lifetime and I am sure that I will be on a good many more before I do become too crippled to do so. I have found that what gets written down has a tendency to happen. In any event, it gives you something to shoot for which is a good goal in and of it’s self.
I have been blessed with a wonderful wife, three great kids and four wonderful grand children (so far). I have traveled pretty extensively, mainly through business, but my hopes and dreams are not found in large cities, they are in the wilds both at home and in distant lands.
Earlier last year, I came across a website that really kind of inspired me to reach a little higher. The site is hosted by Chris Guillebeau. His thing is the art of non conformity. I have been a non-conformist most of my life; probably all of it. Because of that I have been able to do many things that would otherwise have been impossible to achieve but have also suffered because of my impulsive nature. Because of that, I have decided to establish some goals to shoot for in the coming years. Here they are, although they are not necessarily in order but listed just the same (note that there are several fish and animals not listed. I have already been successful in taking those so they do not appear here although I will still target some of them):
- Fish every trophy kokanee Lake in Washington (so I can complete my kokanee lake map book)
- Tiger Muskie
- Northern Pike
- Trophy Moose
- Brown Bear
- Boundary Waters Canoe trip.
- Red Stag in New Zealand.
- Spot and Stalk a black bear. I have already successfully hunted with hounds, but never done the spot and stalk.
- Spot and Stalk/game call Cougar
- Peacock Bass in Brazil
- Texas Grand Slam (Texas Dall Ram, Black Hawaiian Ram, Mouflon Ram, Corsican Ram; see photos)
- European Boar.
- Redfish in the Gulf
- Trophy American Alligator (12′ + or -)
- Blue Marlin
- Stripped Marlin
- Fish for Salmon and Steelhead in Siberia
- Bluefin Tuna
- Yellowfin Tuna
- Trophy Whitetail
- Trophy antelope
- Cape Buffalo
- African Lion (male)
The list keeps growing, there is so much I would like to do…
The site I spoke of earlier: The Art of Non-Conformity
Here’s what I want you to do now …
- First, in the comments section below, lets hear about your bucket list and how you intend to accomplish the items on that list… Note that I will delete links that do not pertain to the topic.
- Second, I would really appreciate it if you used the button below and shared this post on Facebook, Twitter or one of the other services.
- If you would like to see what I have to say over the next few months Please sign up for my Weekly newsletter below.
See you in the comments!